Thursday, July 27, 2006

Floyd Says No

Floyd Landis said today that he didn't dope, and that he doesn't know why he tested positive for an overly high level of testosterone. I believe him. I do. I mean, I want to believe him, it is true, and it's difficult to separate one's feelings, but he strikes me as honest and so I believe him. I have no facts beyond what you do. True, I'm still waiting on sample B. I think it is worth starting to ask questions about how an athlete could test for high levels of testosterone without having doped. But I am hoping sample B comes back clean. Floyd says, "But it was not from an exogenous outside source of testosterone." That's a big word, exogenous--it sounds like something his handler's told him to say, something like Al Gore's "no controlling legal authority" remark. Here's hoping Floyd and his big words are right.

No comments: