Sunday, October 07, 2007

Top 50 Dystopian Movies

Dark Roasted Blend, an absolutely great blog, has a nice list of the top 50 dystopian movies of all time. I love dystopian movies, I'm afraid. The sad thing about my life, I think, is that over these last few decades, it has not become clear which direction the future of humanity will take -- utopian, or dystopian. We had our chance. But frankly, at this point I can see it going either way, but as I get older and older and shit like this keeps cropping up, the dystopian branch seems more and more likely. Technology is not a clear good, and the forces of darkness crop up all around, even here, even in the last seven years. You cannot count on anyone with a good word and a smile. I worry -- frankly I am not so sure I'd want to be alive in the year 2100....

1 comment:

Michael Tobis said...

What do toll roads have to do with dystopia? If only that were the greatest of our worries...